Summer of 2009 Graphic Design investigation Blog.

This blog is place where I shall record my summer and anything about graphic design that interests me. It's a place for me to post my personal and professional development within graphics and help to structure my pan for the 3rd year. I hope to develop my understanding of graphic design and maintain my practice during the summer. 

Tuesday 15 September 2009

Work Experience day today!

Today I'm going over to Selby to spend a day at Space Creative. I think it's safe to say I'm very excited. I don't need to take anything with me other than myself however I think I'll be making notes every second I can! I'll update you how it went as soon as I'm home :D

Development sheets...






















The two final logos I produced for the company to choose from...





The brief that was set to me was to design a completely new logo for a company in Malton for their 8th International symposium on wild boar and other suids. Last years logo was in my opinion and Space Creatives, SHOCKINGLY bad. Quite what went through their minds when creating it is a little bit beyond me...
The brief said up to two colour in their specifications and a minimum of two designs. The logo is to be used predominantly for print based work however they also require a version in RGB so it can be applied to their website. I chose these shades of Green and Orange because the Fera website which they are closely associated with use shades of them. I took the pantone colour codes they use and used not the same but similar ones on the solid coated spectrum.
I'm not particularly proud or happy with the resolution I came up with during that afternoon, but it stuck to the brief and they seemed happy with it. I couldn't make my mind up if they were just being nice to me, or genuinely pleased with my resolution. I suppose time will tell if I see it being used! It definitely got me back into the swing of things and my mind ticking over again after the summer 'break' and the gap between my last placement.

Also....... If I'm honest as much as I liked it working for a day at Space Creative I'm not so sure that I liked it as much as Print Ideas and Printing.com in Leeds. Their way of working, studio environment and atmosphere was completely different. I wonder what FPP Design in Newcastle in a couple of weeks will be like........

No comments:

Post a Comment