Summer of 2009 Graphic Design investigation Blog.

This blog is place where I shall record my summer and anything about graphic design that interests me. It's a place for me to post my personal and professional development within graphics and help to structure my pan for the 3rd year. I hope to develop my understanding of graphic design and maintain my practice during the summer. 

Friday 31 July 2009

Olympic Museum - Lausanne Switzerland





I went to the Olympic museum in Lausanne today and found these delights awaiting to inspire me. The current temporary exhibition is called 'Heros' and the design for it is pretty spectacular I must say. As soon as you walk in you're hit with a burst of colour and some rather sweet illustrated wall murals. Parts of the work is 3D and physically stands out to you which adds a great effect. The style of illustration is clear and the kind of style that I'm really into. They also interpret 3D illustrations that hang as well as free-stand. It was interactive and clear for people of all ages to understand about the various heros in the exhibition. They have some fabulous displays at The Olympic museum but this being my 2nd time there, I can definitely say it's the best exhibition I've seen to date.
The Olympic museum describes the exhibition as follows:
An original and colourful exhibition with a cartoon background, which gives a youthful, light-hearted and dynamic tone to a subject as fascinating as it is topical.

No comments:

Post a Comment